Help me with...
Obagi Blue Peel
WHAT IS OBAGI BLUE PEEL?
Reveal a new layer of healthier, younger looking skin!
The Obagi Blue Peel is a chemical skin peel which is used to remove and exfoliate the top layers of skin, revealing a brighter, healthier looking complexion. The Blue Peel is used in conjunction with the Obagi Nu-Derm System. Use of the Nu-Derm system pre and post procedure helps to improve important skin cell functions and reduce down-time.
Obagi Blue Peel utilises TCA (trichloroacetic acid) mixed with a non-ionic blue glycerin base that allows precise depth control.
OBGAI BLUE PEEL AT MY EYE CLINIC
Assessment and treatment for the Obagi Blue Peel is carried out by Richard Peppiatt. Richard has 12 years of experience working with Obagi and is now proud to be the North East Ambassador for Obagi.
Who should consider an Obagi Blue Peel?
Those who would like to improve:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Epidermal and dermal pigmentation problems
- Superficial acne scarring
- Large pores and comedones (white-heads)
- Solar keratoses
- Skin laxity and uneven texture
What is involved, from start to finish of treatment, and when can I expect to see results?
- Patients will be required to complete a minimum of 6 weeks of the Nu-Derm system prior to treatment.
- Informed consent with pre-treatment photography
- Mild analgesia (e.g. paracetamol/ ibuprofen) – no sedation required
- TCA mixed with Obagi Blue Peel base (total volume 4-6ml)
- 1 – 2 coats applied (5 – 10 applications)
- Comfort achieved using cooled air jet
- Procedure takes between 30 – 60 minutes to complete
- A blue colour will persist on the skin until the peeling is complete
- Peeling begins at days 2-3 and completes by days 10-14
- Results will be noticeable 6 weeks after treatment
- It is important you allow the skin to peel naturally – DO NOT pick or pull skin fragments
- Apply Obagi Action or Comfort Gel to tight, dry or itchy skin
- Try a cold compress for swelling and inflammation
- Simple analgesia (paracetamol/ ibuprofen) is recommended initially
- Makeup may be applied to new skin after 7 days
- Avoid sun exposure without wearing a minimum of SPF35 for at least 6 weeks
- Resume Obagi Nu-Derm maintenance once peeling complete
Are there any side effects of treatment?
Possible side effects include:
- Redness and swelling is COMMON
- Skin infections are LESS COMMON – readily treated with antibiotics
- Post peel eruption of cold sores are RARE – treatable with Hydroquinone cream
- Scarring is VERY RARE
HOW MUCH DOES AN OBAGI BLUE PEEL COST?
Obagi Blue Peel prices start from £350 and range up to £650, depending upon the strength of peel required.