Attending clinic for your planned treatment during COVID-19
Please read the following information carefully before attending your appointment.
Government restrictions have now lifted but in our healthcare settings we still need to protect our most vulnerable patients.
From 24 February 2022 nothing will change in our clinic venues. Patients will still need to wear a face covering, socially distance and use hand sanitiser and staff will continue to wear PPE. These restrictions are in place to protect you and everyone around you. Thank you for your ongoing cooperation.
Attending MY Eye Clinic
- We request that you wear your own face covering unless exempt under government guidelines. This must remain in place throughout your visit unless you are asked to remove it.
- For added protection we request that visitors sanitise their hands, using the hand sanitiser provided, upon entering the building.
- Please maintain a distance of 2m from others, where possible.
Please do not attend your appointment if you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Have had the recent onset of a new continuous cough.
- Have a high temperature.
- Have noticed a loss of, or change, in your normal sense of taste or smell.
If you have any of these symptoms, however mild, you should stay home and reschedule your appointment.
For current guidance on what to do if you have or might have coronavirus (COVID-19), please refer to: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/
Please be assured we are taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our patients and our team. Comprehensive risk assessments have been carried out and are being continually reviewed to ensure we are managing and reducing risk, but we cannot guarantee the risk of contracting COVID-19 will be completely eliminated. If you still feel the risk is too high, then please contact us to re-arrange your appointment.
Telephone: 0191 9178887
Updated: 24.02.2022 LS